As you have seen in my last post and my last dividend update, I have some contributing to do if I’m to reach my 2018 goal. I’ve also been doing some cleaning up lately in terms of Canadian holdings located in my RRSP. Let’s take a look at the dividends I’ve received in February 2018 from both of my investing accounts:
- Financial 15 (FTN): $180.51
- Savaria Corp (SIS): $16.56
- Park Lawn Corp (PLC): $24.93
- Enbridge Income Fund Holdings (ENF): $11.86
- Sienna Senior Living (SIA): $7.13
- Financial 15 (FTN): $356.99
- Savaria Corp (SIS): $2.10
- Enbridge Income Fund Holdings (ENF): $9.98
- Dream Global REIT (DRG.UN): $19.53
- Omega Healthcare (OHI): $118.21
- Realty Income (O): $7.35
Total: $755.15 (NEW RECORD!)
Last year, in February 2017, I had received a total of $613.77, which represents a YoY increase of 23% (see graph).
This month brings me up to $1,450.11 in total dividends, which means I still have about $8,550 to go if I want to reach my goal of $10,000 by the end of the year. My current annual forward dividend yield is $8,930.62 so I will have to do some more contributing before I can actually reach my goal. But on the bright side, I’ve managed to increase my annual forward dividend yield by about $600 in a single month! I now make more than $1/h, every single hour, of every single day!
- Metro Inc (MRU) – Entire position (12 shares)
- Alimentation Couche-Tard (ATD.B) – Entire position (21 shares)
- Medical Facilities (DR) – 200 shares
- Metro Inc (MRU) – 25 shares
- Alimentation Couche-Tard (ATD.B) – 32 shares
- Realty Income (O) – 17 shares
- New Residential (NRZ) – 90 shares
1- Same old same old, more contributing, new US positions as mentioned in previous updates. The purchase of NRZ was part of this plan. More to come!
2- Patiently waiting for the tax return to come in somewhere in beginning of April (hopefully even end of March) so that it can be invested into my TFSA. I’m hoping for a 5-figure return (That’s right, FIVE figures!) that will push my annual forward dividend yield above the $9,500-9,600 mark.
3- Keep re-organizing my US and Canadian positions as more TFSA contributions are made, much like I’ve done thins month with MRU and ATD.B. I also took the opportunity to increase both of these positions by about 100% and 50%, respectively.
How are your goals shaping up for 2018 now that we already have 2 months in??
As always, thank you so much for reading these updates!
Money Lover, Dividend Growth Investor, Youtuber, and Blogger!