The least I can say is that March 2018 has been absolutely crazy. I’ve contributed a total of $11,200!! Let’s take a look! Here are the dividends I’ve received in March 2018 from both of my investing accounts:
- Financial 15 (FTN): $182.64
- Savaria Corp (SIS): $16.56
- Enbridge Income Fund Holdings (ENF): $11.86
- Park Lawn Corp (PLC): $24.97
- Sienna Senior Living (SIA): $7.13
- Saputo Inc (SAP): $9.44
- Medical Facilities Corp (DR): $18.75
- Financial 15 (FTN): $361.26
- Savaria Corp (SIS): $2.10
- Enbridge Income Fund Holdings (ENF): $9.98
- Dream Global REIT (DRG.UN): $19.60
- Realty Income (O): $12.41
- Metro Inc (MRU): $2.16
- Unilever PLC (UL): $11.26
- Old Republic Intl Corp (ORI): $7.53
Last year, in March 2017, I had received a total of $627.75, which represents a YoY increase of 11.1% (see graph).
This month brings me up to $2,147.76 in total annual dividends, which means I still have about $7,850 to go if I want to reach my goal of $10,000 by the end of the year. It sure looks like I’ll be playing catch up for most of the year but I’m really concentrating on my annual forward dividend goal, and not so much on the actual amount received during the year.
- Medical Facilities (DR) – 120 shares
- Enbridge Income Fund Holdings (ENF) – 35 shares
- Alimentation Couche-Tard (ATD.B) – 17 shares
- Sienna Senior Living (SIA) – 155 shares
- Savaria Corp (SIS) – 112 shares
- Park Lawn Corp (PLC) – 68 shares
- Abbvie Inc (ABBV) – 8 shares
Extra Shares from DRIP:
- FTN : 51 shares
- DRG.UN: 1 share
- DR: 1 share
- Realty Income (O): 0.23% ($0.219 monthly –> $0.2195 monthly)
Forward Annual Dividend:
My current annual forward dividend total is $9,386.19
I’ve been pushing pretty hard as of lately and that’s mostly due to the huge tax return I’ll be getting. Let’s just say I’ve been investing it preemptively. I’ve increased my annual dividend total by about $400 this month alone. Sure, it won’t be the case every month but I’ll take it whenever I can!
2018 Plan / Update:
1- Initiate more positions and gain exposure to new US positions. I’ve added to ABBV on the drop and most likely will continue to do this if it drops further.
2- Max out my TFSA and RRSP. I have about $28k left in my TFSA (I did a huge transfer from TFSA to RRSP in 2017) and about $11k left in my RRSP. Believe it or not, I do plan to accomplish this by the end of 2018. Mark my words.
3- Re-organize my US and Canadian positions. I did this with MRU and ATD.B last month and will probably keep doing it as the year progresses. I’m not going to push things too much. If I see a great opportunity, then I’ll take it.
Let me hear about your month! Comment below with a link 🙂
As always, thank you so much for reading these updates!
Money Lover, Dividend Growth Investor, Youtuber, and Blogger!