Well, the year is moving along quite nicely. The months fly by without warning in this particularly busy period of my life. I’m racking un debt and dividends like crazy as I go. Both debt and dividends are higher than they’ve ever been. Seems crazy right? Why keep taking on debt while I’ve contributed this much to investments…? Hard to explain really. I’m going through a transitional phase, where the outcome is me being my own boss. So, the kinds of debt I’m taking on right now are also an investment in myself, which I expect to repay quickly within the next 18-24 months. To put things into perspective, my debt level is slightly higher than my investment portfolio’s value.
Enough about debt, this post is about dividends. What better way to greet the nice May weather than with a NEW Dividend RECORD!
Here are the dividends I’ve received in April 2018 from both of my investing accounts:
- Financial 15 (FTN): $184.78
- Savaria Corp (SIS): $19.92
- Enbridge Income Fund Holdings (ENF): $18.45
- Telus Corp (T): $27.27
- Park Lawn Corp (PLC): $24.97
- Sienna Senior Living (SIA): $15.53
- Alimentation Couche-Tard (ATD.B): $4.41
- Medical Facilities Corp (DR): $25.41
- Financial 15 (FTN): $365.54
- Savaria Corp (SIS): $2.10
- Enbridge Income Fund Holdings (ENF): $9.98
- Dream Global REIT (DRG.UN): $19.67
- Realty Income (O): $12.10
- New Residential Investment Corp (NRZ): $57.66
Total: $787.79 (NEW RECORD!)
Last year, in April 2017, I had received a total of $633.20, which represents a YoY increase of 24.4% (see graph).
This month brings me up to $2,935.55 in total annual dividends, which means I still have over $7,000 to go if I want to reach my goal of $10,000 by the end of the year.
- Savaria Corp (SIS) – 44 shares
- Abbvie Inc (ABBV) – 9 shares
Extra Shares from DRIP:
- FTN : 42 Shares
- DRG.UN: 1 Share
- DR: 1 Share
- UL: increase to $0.4789 from $0.4452 (USD), representing a 7.5% increase.
Forward Annual Dividend:
My current annual forward dividend total is $9,555.80. As I’ve said before, this number is more important to me than the actual dividends received. I’m only $444.20 away from generating $10,000 in passive income on a yearly basis!
2018 Plan / Update:
1- Initiate more positions and gain exposure to new US positions. I’ve added to ABBV on the drop and most likely will continue to do this if it drops further.
2- Max out my TFSA and RRSP. Working on it! It’ll be a little slower until the end of the year but it’s going to happen!
3- Re-organize my US and Canadian positions. Not a priority but will happen as I move along.
Let me hear about your month! Comment below with a link 🙂
As always, thank you so much for reading these updates!
Money Lover, Dividend Growth Investor, Youtuber, and Blogger!