Sure feels like I’m going back in time here but the changes I’ve made this month are for the better. I’ve been concentrating on decreasing my FTN position and distributing the funds throughout my portfolio. This is certainly costing me forward dividend income but in the very long-term I think the Dividend Growth will prevail, particularly combined with the capital appreciation.
Here are the dividends I’ve received in September 2018 from both of my investing accounts:
- Financial 15 (FTN): $196.22
- Savaria Corp (SIS): $22.53
- Park Lawn Corp (PLC): $27.70
- Sienna Senior Living (SIA): $25.25
- Medical Facilities Corp (DR): $44.06
- Alimentation Couche Tard (ATD.B): $4.90
- Saputo (SAP): $9.74
- Financial 15 (FTN): $388.29
- Savaria Corp (SIS): $2.10
- Unilever (UL): $11.74
- Dream Global REIT (DRG.UN): $20.00
- Realty Income (O): $12.52
- Old Republic Int (ORI): $7.57
- Brookfield Renewable Energy (BEP.UN): $30.07
Last year, in September 2017, I had received a total of $722.19, which represents a YoY increase of 11.1%% (see graph).
This month brings me up to about $7,088 in total annual dividends, which means I still have about $3,000 to go if I want to reach my goal of $10,000 by the end of the year. Of course, as mentioned before, my real goal is in terms of forward annual dividend income.
- FTN: 500 Shares at $10.17
- 300 Shares at $10.15
- 200 Shares at $10.23
- IME: 7,850 Shares at $0.1248
- NRZ: 92 Shares at $18.71
- BEP.UN: 49 shares at $40.33
- SAP: 51 Shares at $39.00
- T: 16 Shares at $47.79
- ERE.UN: 499 Shares at $4.06
- FAT: 10,200 at $0.11
Extra Shares from DRIP:
- FTN : 57 Shares
- DRG.UN: 1 Share
- DR: 2 Shares
- SIA: 1 Share
- PLC: 1 Share
- SIS: Increase from $0.03/share/month to $0.035/share/month, a 17% increase.
- O: Increase from $0.22/share/month to $0.2205/share/month, a 0.2% increase
Forward Annual Dividend:
My current annual forward dividend total is $9,344.31!! Thankfully, I have 3 months left to try and reach my goal again this year! I know that whenever I trim my FTN position, my forward gross yield will drop, but it’s something I will be doing in the next 6-12 months. I’ll try to maintain the current yield by contributing more as I’m trimming my FTN.
2018 Plan / Update:
1- Initiate more positions and gain exposure to new US positions. – Again, being patient, with the China tensions and interest rates and all…
2- Max out my TFSA and RRSP. – I’m starting to have my doubts here… Of course 2019 will be a catch up year in terms of maximizing my accounts. We’ll see how everything plays out.
3- Re-organize my US and Canadian positions. Not a priority but will happen as I move along. – Meh. It’ll happen when it happens.
Let me hear about your month! Comment below with a link 🙂
As always, thank you so much for reading these updates!
Money Lover, Dividend Growth Investor, Youtuber, and Blogger!